Skip to main content

Who makes the most money in the fashion industry

who makes the most money in the fashion industry

Ever wondered how much money people who work in fashion really make? Or what other people in your field make on average? Well, you’re in luck: The results are in from our salary survey. At the beginning of the year, nearly 3, people who work in fashion filled out our anonymous survey with details about their titles, companies, gender, location, years of experience and, of course, salaries. In addition to showing what select fashion jobs pay on average, our results show a few overarching trends. The majority of our respondents had under 10 years of experience and made in the mid-five figures, but those numbers began to increase significantly with more experienced respondents. Company size also had an impact, with employees at public companies making more than those at private ones in most cases. Below you’ll see the average salaries for several common fashion job titles for which we had a strong number of respondents, but since we had so much info, we compiled all of our findings into an in-depth PDF that you can download for free. You’ll find pretty charts, graphs and percentages showing how things like experience level, location, company size and gender factored into salary. Yes, the mean salary for men was higher, though less than 10 percent of our respondents were men. We hope it’s helpful! Download the PDF. Never miss the latest fashion industry news. Sign up for the Fashionista daily newsletter. From PR to editorial to influencing, 2, industry professionals told us their salaries.

more on this story

Skip navigation! Census — w ith the hope it will give women insight into how to better navigate their own career and salary trajectories. Today, we chat with a year old retail merchandising manager from New York, NY. Previously, we spoke to a year old video editor from Los Angeles, CA. As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? When I was a kid, my mom taught me how to sew and I dreamt of one day being a fashion designer and owning my own label. I also realized my strength was in numbers and math, so I sort of changed directions. I’ve always had a bit of an internal battle between my creative side and my numbers side. What did you study in college? Did you have to take out student loans? I don’t regret this decision; I really feel that in my industry your experience and drive matters more than where you went to college. Have you been working at this job since you graduated college? I didn’t really know what I wanted to do and because my internships were sort of a jumble of different experiences, it was pretty tough for me to find a full time job. I ultimately took a job eight years ago, with my current company, as a retail store manager. Even though retail management wasn’t what I really wanted to do in the long run, the job paid a salary which I desperately needed at the time , and I was really into the company, which had a big growth trajectory. I’ve been really fortunate because the company I work for gave me the opportunity to move from stores to HQ about six years ago, and I’ve had so much career growth and different learning experiences since then. How would you explain your day-to-day role at your job? Based on business targets, previous seasons’ results, and current trends, we create a strategy on which items and categories we want to push for next year. In the current season, I work cross functionally with stores, e-commerce, marketing, and store layout team to achieve company sales targets. Did you negotiate your salary? When I hit six figures for the first time a couple of years ago, it was actually above what I had been expecting for that particular promotion or raise. Also, the salary pay scale at my current company is super black and white without a lot of space for negotiation. If not, what is? As I mentioned before, I have a constant battle with my creative side and my logical side! There are days where I’m just not in it to win it and wish I could be off somewhere painting or creating. As I get older, I find that I care much less about fashion, too. For me it’s become so much more about just having a personal style and being comfortable with who you are. I would ultimately love to work for myself one day. But until that day comes, I think there’s a wide range of things I could be happy doing.

who makes the most money in the fashion industry

The 9 Industries Most Likely To Make You A Millionaire

Impossible expectations

Learn More. Academy of Art University is America’s largest private accredited art university. Ok, so everyone knows that the folks who bring in the biggest bucks in the fashion industry usually work behind the scenes. Other fashion folks at the top of the food chain are considered the rock stars of fashion. Not too shabby, right? Salaries for some newer areas of fashion, such as fashion blogging, are all over the map. In the meantime, this brings us to two of the most heavily populated areas of fashion that the BLS actually has managed to track. The largest? Retail Sales. According to the BLS, retail salespersons, some 4. The other was cashiers. Of the retail sales group, those working in clothing stores and department stores had the highest levels of employment. Those working in clothing stores and shoe stores also had the highest concentration of employment in this occupation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

101 ways to make money in africa

Enter your mobile number or email address below and we’ll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer — no Kindle device required. To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number. Would you like to tell us about a lower price? Learn how to Find The Best Investment Opportunities makf Business Ideas That Work in Africa ‘ Ways To Make Money In Africa’ is the most detailed compilation of business ideas, on-the-ground facts, market intelligence, tips and advice for anyone who’s looking to start a business or invest in Africa. We wrote this book to show you the unbelievable business opportunities that exist in Africa and the amazing success stories that prove their viability and profitability. We wrote this book to spark your brain with innovative ideas that will make you money in Africa. If monfy looking for a rich source of big and small business ideas that work in Africa, this is the book you’ve been

How to make money on earnings reports

Earnings season is one of the most anticipated points during the financial year for the market. It refers to the months when quarterly reports are released—generally in January, April, July, and October. And with the hype of the season comes a slew of analyst expectations, forecasts, and results that beat or miss those expert analyses. Analysts use forecasting models, guidanceand other fundamentals in order to come up with an earnings per share EPS estimate. The market uses these estimates to determine how a company will perform when the earnings are released. For better or for worse, companies are judged by their ability to beat market expectations—all eyes are on whether companies «hit their numbers. Knowing the importance of those estimates can help investors manage through quarterly earnings results. But keep in mind, these are estimates, so they may never be consistent from one analyst to. That’s because one analyst may use different metrics to come up with his estimates compared

How much money did muhammad ali make a year

Muhammad Ali was a local legend in southwest MI. He owned an 85 Acre estate on just under a mile of the St. Joseph river. I currently live about 7 miles from the Ali home. When I was a kid, I think I may have been in first grade, maybe second, aroundMuhammad Ali came to our school during a large assembly for the yesr of the new gym that was built for tear school district. He talked and joked around with the kids and signed a couple boxing gloves that were given out to a student who won them in a drawing.