Skip to main content

Who makes the most money in the fashion industry

who makes the most money in the fashion industry

Ever wondered how much money people who work in fashion really make? Or what other people in your field make on average? Well, you’re in luck: The results are in from our salary survey. At the beginning of the year, nearly 3, people who work in fashion filled out our anonymous survey with details about their titles, companies, gender, location, years of experience and, of course, salaries. In addition to showing what select fashion jobs pay on average, our results show a few overarching trends. The majority of our respondents had under 10 years of experience and made in the mid-five figures, but those numbers began to increase significantly with more experienced respondents. Company size also had an impact, with employees at public companies making more than those at private ones in most cases. Below you’ll see the average salaries for several common fashion job titles for which we had a strong number of respondents, but since we had so much info, we compiled all of our findings into an in-depth PDF that you can download for free. You’ll find pretty charts, graphs and percentages showing how things like experience level, location, company size and gender factored into salary. Yes, the mean salary for men was higher, though less than 10 percent of our respondents were men. We hope it’s helpful! Download the PDF. Never miss the latest fashion industry news. Sign up for the Fashionista daily newsletter. From PR to editorial to influencing, 2, industry professionals told us their salaries.

more on this story

Skip navigation! Census — w ith the hope it will give women insight into how to better navigate their own career and salary trajectories. Today, we chat with a year old retail merchandising manager from New York, NY. Previously, we spoke to a year old video editor from Los Angeles, CA. As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? When I was a kid, my mom taught me how to sew and I dreamt of one day being a fashion designer and owning my own label. I also realized my strength was in numbers and math, so I sort of changed directions. I’ve always had a bit of an internal battle between my creative side and my numbers side. What did you study in college? Did you have to take out student loans? I don’t regret this decision; I really feel that in my industry your experience and drive matters more than where you went to college. Have you been working at this job since you graduated college? I didn’t really know what I wanted to do and because my internships were sort of a jumble of different experiences, it was pretty tough for me to find a full time job. I ultimately took a job eight years ago, with my current company, as a retail store manager. Even though retail management wasn’t what I really wanted to do in the long run, the job paid a salary which I desperately needed at the time , and I was really into the company, which had a big growth trajectory. I’ve been really fortunate because the company I work for gave me the opportunity to move from stores to HQ about six years ago, and I’ve had so much career growth and different learning experiences since then. How would you explain your day-to-day role at your job? Based on business targets, previous seasons’ results, and current trends, we create a strategy on which items and categories we want to push for next year. In the current season, I work cross functionally with stores, e-commerce, marketing, and store layout team to achieve company sales targets. Did you negotiate your salary? When I hit six figures for the first time a couple of years ago, it was actually above what I had been expecting for that particular promotion or raise. Also, the salary pay scale at my current company is super black and white without a lot of space for negotiation. If not, what is? As I mentioned before, I have a constant battle with my creative side and my logical side! There are days where I’m just not in it to win it and wish I could be off somewhere painting or creating. As I get older, I find that I care much less about fashion, too. For me it’s become so much more about just having a personal style and being comfortable with who you are. I would ultimately love to work for myself one day. But until that day comes, I think there’s a wide range of things I could be happy doing.

who makes the most money in the fashion industry

The 9 Industries Most Likely To Make You A Millionaire

Impossible expectations

Learn More. Academy of Art University is America’s largest private accredited art university. Ok, so everyone knows that the folks who bring in the biggest bucks in the fashion industry usually work behind the scenes. Other fashion folks at the top of the food chain are considered the rock stars of fashion. Not too shabby, right? Salaries for some newer areas of fashion, such as fashion blogging, are all over the map. In the meantime, this brings us to two of the most heavily populated areas of fashion that the BLS actually has managed to track. The largest? Retail Sales. According to the BLS, retail salespersons, some 4. The other was cashiers. Of the retail sales group, those working in clothing stores and department stores had the highest levels of employment. Those working in clothing stores and shoe stores also had the highest concentration of employment in this occupation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Government making and distrubiting money

This page discusses the individuals, groups, political committees and other entities that can make contributions to federal candidates and those that are prohibited by federal law from making such contributions. An individual may make contributions dkstrubiting candidates and their authorized committeessubject to limitations. An individual who is under 18 years old may make contributions to candidates and political committeessubject to limitationsif:. For purposes of contribution limitations and prohibitions, a limited liability company LLC is treated as either a corporation or a partnership. If an LLC is treated as a corporation, it is prohibited from making vistrubiting to candidate committeesbut it can establish an SSF. If distrubitjng is considered a partnership, it is subject to the contribution limits for partnerships. If a single member LLC has not xnd corporate tax treatment, it may make contributions; the contributions will be attributed to the single member, not the LLC. Part...

Nms beyond make money starting beginning

We’re currently in the process of updating our No Man’s Sky Guides so that they are in line with the new Beyond update. As a result some of the info on this page might not be applicable post-update. The first few hours of No Man’s Sky are less than friendly. Sure, you could start on a planet with all of the resources and shelter that you’ll need to thrive, but this is definitely the less likely scenario. It’s got tips on starting out, making money and. You might be a little overwhelmed when first starting out in No Man’s Sky, but you’ll soon be mining, flying and shooting with the best of them with the help of the following No Man’s Sky tips. If you want to repair your first ship you’ll need to follow No Man’s Sky’s intro mission. It involves finding and crafting components to repair the Pulse Engine, Launch Thrusters and Hull of the ship. You’ll need to build Metal Plating out of Ferrite Dust, and grab a Hermetic s...

Best places to cannon osrs and make money

After completion of Dwarf Cannonplayers can smith cannonballswhich is profitable since one steel bar at coins produces four cannonballs worth coins total, thus coins profit. Depending on which furnace the player chooses, he or she can produce between and cannonballs in an hour. That means the profit margin falls betweenandhourly. Edgeville furnace is the closest furnace to a bankand it has no requirements, but the others. Neitiznot is the second closest, but it requires The Fremennik Isles. Port Phasmatys is third and requires two Ecto-tokens for entry unless the player has done Ghosts Ahoy. Making magic pyre logs. Sign In Don’t have an account? Start a Wiki. Smithing cannonballs Requirements Skills Due to constantly changing prices on the Grand Exchangesome information in this article may or may not be current. It is strongly recommended to check the live prices on the Grand Exchange before making large investments in any method. All prices on this page are cached, meaning it is ...